AnsweredAssumed Answered

Repeating Reminder Emails for Uncompleted Tasks Setup in Workflow But Due to Bug Won't Work.

Question asked by erindummer on Apr 29, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 by Bud Hartley
Hi all,
I spent quite a bit of time trying to setup a workflow that   will send an email at regular intervals when a task is due and overdue.   For example if there is a task to "Call lead back" set due at a certain   date, an email would go out to the salesperson assigned to the task on   the due date. Then I had the workflow setup to keep going off after time   elapsed on the due date 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc.

Basically a   task alarm of sorts to keep reminding the sales person to do the task   and the reminder emails will keep going out until the status of the task   is set to complete.

The work flow unfortunately would only send   out the first reminder email, but would not trigger for the subsequent   reminders. When I created a case for this issue, Sugar support staff   told me this is a bug in their app, not a problem with my individual   setup.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a free plugin that   can do what the native sugar app cannot in this case? Or advice on   custom programming this? Or any other workaround? I'm on an on-demand   setup if that matters.

Outcomes