AnsweredAssumed Answered

Which are the best steps to properly deploy packages?

Question asked by Jaume Albaigès on Apr 27, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2015 by Alexander Cope-Norris
Hello everybody,

I have a project with some custom modules. There are some relationships amongst them and also between them and standard SugarCRM modules.

As I am aware that you might lose things when redeploying (for example,   because you added a new module in the package), I create a package for   every single module.

I have also coded some things in files like editviewdefs.php, layoutdefs.ext.php, etc. These changes are made under custom/modules/<ModuleName>/ folders once the packages are deployed.

The thing is that if I redeploy any of those packages I lose those changes made under custom folder.

After reading many forum threads it seems this is the way SugarCRM acts. I have also read that you can put files under the custom/modulebuilder/packages/<PackageName>/modules/<ModuleName>/ folder in order to be properly copied to custom/modules structure when deploying or redeploying, but it does not seem to work.

Furthermore, I also lose some relationships, although they are created in Module Builder.

So, I would really appreciate if somebody could provide some clear instructions on how properly deploying packages in SugarCRM in order to keep all the definitions (relationships, custom code, etc.).

I feel it is very hard to find good documentation on how SugarCRM does many things which go beyond the basics.

Hope somebody will help. Thank you very much!

Outcomes