AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you use conditional fields in an campaign email template?

Question asked by AndreasZeller AndreasZeller on Apr 21, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 by Marc Hernandez
Hi everyone,

I have been looking all over the forums for an answer, some people even asked that question before, but nobody got a decent answer except for "use TagParser", which is just horribly documented (not at all) and I really seem to be out of luck unless somebody points out the obvious to me.

I want my campaign e-mail to have conditional text-blocks. My sales people are analyzing a customers existing setup, therefore they will know what kind of technology they are using and the kind of weaknesses that come with it.

For example, if somebody already uses product A, I want a text block similar to this in the campaign e-mail, because my sales guy has checked 'uses product A' for this account:

"Our analysts also found that you are using <product A>, which comes with high licensing costs and lots of vulnerabilities <link to reference>. We would strongly advise you to get in touch with us to blablablablabla."

These text blocks should be related to a multi-select checkbox group. Check one - according text block visible. Un-check it, customer will never see it. All I need is a simple IF statement inside an e-mail template. "IF value==true" -> "textblock" ELSE -> "<empty>"

It's not that unusual to want that kind of behavior to avoid sending e-mails that are obviously mass-produced.

How can I achieve this in sugarcrm?

Andreas

Outcomes