Can anyone suggest any way to Import teams?

Hi,
We have 300+ Teams can any one suggest the way to import teams. 
If any third party tool available or any custom way to do it.

Best Regards,
Pragati 
  • I see this question is fairly old, so a lot could have change in 6 years, and although my situation is not as sever as this user, I was also curious if there is a way to import teams

• Could you explain the task in detail? How is the list of Teams to import look like?

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com
    We make work in Sugar CRM system faster, more convenient and efficient

• How does the the import data look like?

With the REST API every import should be doable...

Harald Kuske
    Principal Solution Architect – Professional Services, EMEA
    hkuske@sugarcrm.com
    SugarCRM Deutschland GmbH

• basically want to know how we import the teams we want assigned to the different records into sugarcrm when there is multiple.   

• - Are you referring to how to set a list of teams when importing records? For example, you want an imported contact to have the Global AND West teams? If so, Team Sets will probably help: support.sugarcrm.com/.../

• When you import you records with csv files, you just write all the team names in one csv cell.

In this example you see 4 records with different primary team (Team ID) and diferent team sets (Teams). The column Team Set Id  is  not needed as it is calculated during import.

When you import this file e.g. in version 10.3 the import wizards shows the columns like this:

And after import you will have a teams assignment like this in the last record:

The import of the teams itself is not so easy as the import wizard does not show teams as an importable module. So you need a custom extension of the Teams vardefs. If your write the following code into a php-file located in custom/Extension/modules/Teams/Ext/Vardefs/ e.g. my_importable.php and call a quick repair and rebuild, theTeams module will be shown in the import wizard and allows to upload teams. Tested it in 10.3.

<?php

$dictionary['Team']['importable'] = true;

Be careful with the correct path (upper and lower case letters must match) and with the one single line of code in the extension file. It's Team not Teams in the first [ ]. 

Harald Kuske
    Principal Solution Architect – Professional Services, EMEA
    hkuske@sugarcrm.com
    SugarCRM Deutschland GmbH

• This is a typical task of data population in CRM - to import Teams and relate Team Member to the Teams automatically
    Frankly, I have doubts that "membership" could be set anyhow with the regular module's data import.

Therefore, I used Logic Builder configuring tool to solve this with no code - just like any Sugar admin or Partner's Consultant or Sugar Professional with access to Logic Builder can do.

I configured the following logic:
    if a new Note with subject CREATE TEAMS is created, to treat the Note description as the source of the Teams and their Members

It works this way (double-click to zoom in when playing)

As you can see, the special Note's description has the following structure:

<TeamNameA>:<usernameA1>,<usernameA2>, ... <usernameAx>;
    <TeamNameN>:<usernameN1>,<usernameN2>, ... <usernameNy>;

Here is the zip that implements the behavior on the video -  you a free to employ it 

z20210412_flowchart_lb60744dd943b426_37706478.zip

To activate functionality just install the package via Module Loader to the target Sugar instance.
    If functionality won't be of use at some point of time, you can always uninstall the package

This package is received with a click as an implementation of the following logic drawn in Logic Builder environment (follow the white line to read, zoom in with doubleclick, if necessary):

Let me know if any questions

I hope this helps

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com
    We make work in Sugar CRM system faster, more convenient and efficient