AnsweredAssumed Answered

Case dashlet : opening a new browser tab instead of poping up the quickedit view

Question asked by Gaelle Fernandez on Mar 18, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 by Gaelle Fernandez

Hi everybody!

I have a very specific question on Sugarcrm.

I'm using version Enterprise 6.5.16, and i'm coming to a dead-end.

What i currently have :

When the user is on his homepage, he has a Dashlet called "My open Cases", which displays every open Cases assigned to/or created by him. Nor the dashlet nor the modules are custom. They are all from Standard.

For each row of this dashlet (so, for each Case createdby/assigned to the user), we have a quickEdit icon displayed. (you know, the little pen). When the user clicks on that little icon, it opens the quickcreate (or quickedit?) popup.

What i want to achieve is :

I want, when the user clicks on the icon, that Sugar does not open a popup, but opens a new browser tab on the complete EditView.

So basically, when on Home, when the user wants to edit "Case01--Issue" from the dashlet, instead of poping the quickcreate (or quickedit) form, i want to open a new browser tab with the complete edit view of "Case01 -- Issue".

What do i have to do? I did not see the definition of the icon in custom/modules/Cases/metadata/dashletviewdefs.php nor elsewhere.

Thanks by advance for your help and time!

Gaëlle

Outcomes