AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I configure email links to open in a new window?

Question asked by sugarX7 sugarX7 on Mar 14, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 by dkallish
Hello,

When clicking on email links within SugarCRM, the links open within the same window. Not only are they opening in the same browser window, but the links are opening within the email box that contents the email data.

To explain in more detail, there is a box on the left that lists the email folders. Then in the middle to the right there are 2 boxes, 1 being on top and 1 being underneath. The box on top lists the email information pertaining to the folder on the left. Clicking on the subject of the email opens the content of that email underneath in the bottom box.

The problem resides within that bottom box.

When I click on an email link, instead of loading the link in the current browser tab OR loading the link in a NEW tab, it loads within that bottom window.

I checked the original email data and it contains 'target="_blank"' however when i check the source code of the page itself, this is removed. There is no target attribute anymore.

The problem makes me think it's a frame issue or that sugarcrm is removing the target attribute but I am not sure.

The IDEAL scenario when clicking on an email link is to open links in a new tab.

Why is it opening within that window and how can I change it so email links open in a new browser tab?

Thank you for your help and time.

Outcomes