AnsweredAssumed Answered

custom module with (possibily) mysql interface

Question asked by Marco Marco on Mar 11, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 by Jeff Bickart
Hello all!
i'm totally new to SugarCRM world, i just installed Community edition on my computer and i'm trying to figure out how the system works.

My idea is to test the system mainly with support module, where i will store customer's history, modifications, requests and so on.

Each customer will have its own account, and i would like to have a custom module that loads data from a mysql table, more or less in this area: 

This module should basically read and report mysql table tuples, so will have as many module rows as the table (usually 10) and, as tuples are very similar, so module lines will be, that's why i wouldn't like to create a module with 10 repeated panels, but i would rather go for a dynamic approach.

My question is: is it possible? where should i look for such kind of information? i've been looking around on the website and developer portal, but i'm not able to find a "module building guide" or anything like that.

My backup question is: may i kindly ask you how do you suggest to do this in a different way (if the previous is not feasible)?

Thank you in advance!!

Outcomes