AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I choose to NOT use opportunity?

Question asked by Alexis Kyriacou on Feb 21, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 by Alexis Kyriacou
I am a finance broker offering a variety of products. 

I would like my CRM to work as follows

Leads convert to accounts, the account represents my customer. Within the account I would like to add a section called "Finance Product", this section could contain one product or more i.e. mortgage, loan, asset finance etc. Each product will have its own layout specific to that product. As I am a broker I introduce the client to various lenders that relate to these products, therefore within the product itself I will have a look up field to a "Provider" to detail who I have introduced them to.

So essentially my whole system is based on the following
- Leads
- Contacts
- Accounts
- Finance Product
- Providers

You will notice that I have not included "Opportunity", the reason for this is that opportunity insists on an "Opportunity Name" and I simply don't need to name my opportunities. The name should always be the account name and all i'm interested in is the "Finance Product" where the name is fixed and not a manual type up field like in opportunity. 

So basically can I just ignore opportunity all together and create new fields like above to replace this?

Sorry if this is a silly question, i'm new to Sugar and i'm in the process of setting the CRM up

kind regards

Alex

Outcomes