AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I automatically relate a static list of contacts upon creating an Opportunity?

Question asked by scribe-sugarcrm scribe-sugarcrm on Feb 21, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 by scribe-sugarcrm scribe-sugarcrm
When I create an opportunity, no contacts are associated with that opportunity. I am trying to accomplish two things that don't seem to be built into the Community version of SugarCRM (Version 6.5.15 (Build 1083)).
1. Automatically populate the list of potential recipients when composing an e-mail created within an opportunity  
> With any given opportunity, I may need to send an e-mail to anyone in my company. However, when I select from the Activities drop-down menu "Compose email" the list of possible recipients is restricted to the main client e-mail address associated with the account to which the opportunity is connected, plus any other contacts I manually add under Contacts. To send e-mails to my colleagues, I have to either (1) manually add them as contacts in the opportunity, (2) type their e-mail addresses each time in the to field, (3) copy and paste from a separate browser window within SugarCRM (i.e., always have a tab open to the list of contacts associated with my company as an account in SugarCRM), or (4) copy and paste from an address book outside of Sugar (e.g., Outlook, Thunderbird, Entourage).
> Has anyone figured out how to get the SugarCRM e-mail module to list all contacts in their database when creating an e-mail within an opportunity?

2. Automatically populate the contacts field
> Given the problem described above, I am looking for ways to force SugarCRM to automatically populate the contacts field with all the people in my company every time I create a new opportunity.
> Has anyone tried or succeeded in doing this?

Outcomes