AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to read $dictionary from outside Sugar?

Question asked by afrehley afrehley on Feb 19, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 by Jeff Bickart
Our system updates a number of Sugar tables outside Sugar which means that the audit information is not recorded.

My task is to write a function that will update the audit info and to do that I want to read $dictionary from vardefs.php and from vardefs.ext.php.  However, when I include vardefs.php, get some warnings and a fatal error:

Warning:  include_once(modules/TableDictionary.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Volumes/Data/workspace/sugar/include/SugarObjects/VardefManager.php on line 54
  Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening   'modules/TableDictionary.php' for inclusion   (include_path='/Volumes/Data/workspace/sprint24/global/pear/PEAR:.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.4/lib/php')   in /Volumes/Data/workspace/sugar/include/SugarObjects/VardefManager.php on line 54
  Fatal error:  Class 'LanguageManager' not found in /Volumes/Data/workspace/sugar/include/SugarObjects/VardefManager.php on line 62

I'd really appreciate some help to solve this problem.

Just a word of caution:  I'm a complete Sugar noob.  If I'm overlooking something simple/obvious/stupid, please tell me.

Outcomes