AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I customize the default value of the "Copy billing address to shipping address" checkbox field?

Question asked by shivam.loadedtech on Feb 18, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2014 by dkallish
Hi,

I want to customize "Copy billing address to shipping address" field and want to implemen below functionality in upgrade safe way.

1) Change position of address fields so that "Shipping Address" will display on left hand side and "Billing Address" will display on right hand side

2) Customize "Copy billing address to shipping address" checkbox logic/functionality
    - Change lable from "Copy billing address to shipping address" to "Copy shipping address to billing address"
    - Change logic
        - Default Logic: Copy billing address to shipping address
        - Proposed Logic: Copy shipping address to billing address

- As in step-1 we can change position of billing address(right-side) and shipping address(left-side) and also can change the copy checkbox lable and logic, "Copy shipping address to billing address" checkbox should be visible under the billing address (right-side).

I have implemented above changes by modifying the custom module record.php file (custom/modules/Accounts/clients/base/views/record/record.php). But it's not a appropriate and roubust solution because one can change the RecordView layout from Admin->Studio->Accounts->Layouts->RecordView, and then above changes are getting overwritten ( that is  the custom changes made in record.php file are overwritten by studio changes).

Please let me know if anybody have the solutions/fix for this issue.

Thanks,
Shivam

Outcomes