Can't Sync iCal and google calendar after patch 6.5.16

Hello,

My name is Nenad

In our company we are using SugarCRM version 6.5.16.

After patch, we noticed that sync stoped working between our sugarcrm and iCal also and google calendar.

We also retyped all information in calendar option in sugarcrm, but we have the same error in iCal: Data of the URL is not valid

We were checking iCal integration URL several times and nothing.

Please, can someone help us to find a soltion for this problem.

Thank you in advance!

Can't Sync iCal and google calendar after patch 6.5.16

(from dc.ops)
  • Same problem here, after patch 6.5.16 can't sync the SugarCRM calendar in Google.    I tried to look at the file output from SugarCRM (ical_server.ics) but I do not have the necessary skills to understand what's wrong. I noticed that trying to import the iCal 'URL' into Google Calendars is not always giving me an error, sometimes I do not get the error, but it looks like Google is working on a 'cached' version of the calendar. I tried this:    1) In SugarCRM, after patch 6.5.16, I add some new events and also modify an old one.    2) Nothing happens in Google, even after a few hours.    3) In Google, I delete the calendar and insert it again using the iCal URL. Most of the time I get the same error above (URL Data Invalid), but then on a second try it seems like Google accepts the URL.    4) The calendar is shown, all the events pre-update are there, but none of the new events, and the modified 'old' one is present, but unmodified.    Any idea how to workaround this issue?    Thanks in advance as well!    SM  (from stefano.ste.martinelli@gmail.com)
  • (Quote from dc.ops)Hello,   My name is Nenad    In our company we are using SugarCRM version 6.5.16.  After patch, we noticed that sync stoped working between our sugarcrm and iCal also and google calendar.  We also retyped all information in calendar option in sugarcrm, but we have the same error in iCal: Data of the URL is not valid  We were checking iCal integration URL several times and nothing.    Please, can someone help us to find a soltion for this problem.    Thank you in advance!        Can't Sync iCal and google calendar after patch 6.5.16(End Quote)     Hello,    Same problem here.    I have some instances of sugarCrm 6.5.15 and 6.5.14 and the subscription to sugarcrm calendar from iCal and the sync works fine.    But on another instance of sugarCrm updated to 6.5.16 from an older version it is impossible to subscribe to sugarCrm calendar with the same error as Nenad:'Data of the URL is not valid' ('Les donnŽes tŽlŽchargŽes de URL ne sont pas valides.').    And even on a clean and fresh install of a 6.5.16 (directly installed without patch), this is the same.    Is there a workaround for that issue?    Thanks a lot in advance.    PB  (from pbperche)
  • Since updating to 6.5.16 CE we are having the same issue. The calendar won't synch with anything. This includes Google calendar, iPhone calendar , Android calendar, Mozilla Thunderbird calendar (lightning), Windows 8 Calendar app, etc...  They all have anything created prior to the update but nothing since and that includes updates to events created prior to updating Sugar. This is really important to have fixed.     I'm surprised neither thread in the forums about this issue has had a developer response. Is there any fix/word on an upcoming patch?    Thanks  (from ggcaribou)
  • Having the same problem.  Since upgrading to 6.5.16 the iCal synch seems to have stopped working.  This is happening when synching to Google Calendar, Android and iPhone calendars, and the Mozilla thunderbird calendar (Lightning).  This is really a big deal since a huge chunk of our business goes through SugarCRM.  Is there any fix for this?    Thanks  (from ggcaribou)
  • Also having this problem - completely unable to sync iCal calendars. Has anyone found a workaround or fix for this issue yet? 3 months seems a very long time for quite a major issue to be unresolved.
  • Hi Ben, 

Can you please confirm that you are also using 6.5.16? If so, this is likely due to a known defect, #65934. This is also reported via this post where I sent the user a hotfix for this defect, which will be fixed in our next release of Sugar. If you can confirm your version, I'll send the fix over to you as well.

Thanks!
    Alex
  • Thanks Alex, I can confirm that I am running SugarCRM 6.5.16: 

• Hi Ben,

The hotfix is on its way to you via email. Please let me know if this helps!

-Alex
  • Hi Alex,

I can confirm that the supplied hot fix does not allow me to connect Calendar (Mac) to SugarCRM, but I have encountered a problem whereby Tasks entered into the SugarCRM calendar do not replicate via iCal. Meetings and Calls however do copy across.

Please advise,

Ben
  • @Alex,
    can you post the hotfix somewhere for everyone (SugarForge?), or is 6.5.17 close to release?