Sugar Blogs

Matt Marum
Click to view contentImpatience is a virtue Larry Wall (the inventor of Perl) is credited with identifying the three great virtues of a programmer: "laziness, impatience, and hubris."   These virtues are usually shared with a wink. For example, a programmer's "laziness" will drive them to get as much work done as possible with the least amount of effort. They say… (Show more)
in Developer
Francesca Shiekh
Click to view contentHere is a guest post from Sugar Developer Francesca Shiekh who works for our customer Wolfram Research. She also happens to be one of the most active developers in the Sugar Developer Community! In this post, Francesca and Wolfram Research Systems Administrator Trey Mitchell share how you can customize Sugar to use an alternative PDF generator for… (Show more)
in Developer
Michael Shaheen
Click to view contentGood Morning, Sugar Developers!   My name is Michael Shaheen and I am SugarCRM’s new Developer Advocate. I’ll be working with Matt Marum to maintain relationships between our developer community and the teams that work with the Sugar product group.   Let’s talk a bit about my background. I have been a developer since writing 10 print “Michael… (Show more)
in Developer
Alex Nassi
Click to view contentPowerful Combination Expands Sugar Platform to Relentlessly Drive Relevant Customer Experiences that Create Customers for Life   SugarCRM Inc.®, the company that helps organizations deliver exceptional customer experiences, announced today it has acquired Salesfusion, a leading provider of marketing automation solutions recognized in the Gartner… (Show more)
in News
Matt Marum
Click to view contentThose who have been around a while will know that SugarCRM Inc. was built around a single product called “Sugar”. Sugar is such a part of our DNA today that we often use “Sugar” and “SugarCRM” terms interchangeably. I’m sure that many Sugar Developers out there would be surprised to learn that we sell more than just Sugar at SugarCRM!   Sugar has… (Show more)
in Developer
Matt Marum
Click to view contentWhat is the Sugar Metadata API? As you probably know, Sugar metadata encompasses the settings, data model (Vardefs), and visual layouts (Viewdefs) used by the Sugar application. The majority of changes made to Sugar using Sugar Studio, Module Builder, or even custom code are implemented by modifying metadata.   How can I know that the custom… (Show more)
in Developer
Maulik Shah
CRM aka customer relationship management software enhances your brand's relationship with your customers.   In today's information hungry and want everything on fingertips age, it's important to understand your customers first. Because then only you will be able to serve to their delight otherwise you wouldn't be able to keep your customers for a… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
lschaefer
You’ve been asking for it.  We’ve been listening.   We're improving our support of OAuth 2.0 standards by adding support for RFC 6750 bearer tokens in the Sugar Fall ‘18 release.     So what's changing?  You’ll still authenticate to get the access token the same way.  For example, you might authenticate with a call similar to the following:   curl… (Show more)
in Developer
Maulik Shah
Click to view contentCustomer Engagement is a huge word. And when you ask the business owners about what it means to them; they will come up with different responses. Not just that, they will also regale you with stories about their experiences with customers and their struggles to offer impeccable services. Well, just because such stories are enticing, does not mean… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Enrico Simonetti
Click to view contentTLDR  Developing Sugar on Docker, get up to speed now!   The long version  What are Docker containers? If containers for you are more than the two pictures below… then you are in the right place!     As you might be aware, there has been and there continues to be a lot of hype around containers. The hype really started with Docker, but… (Show more)
in Developer
Jennifer Karpus-Romain
Click to view contentEven though we live in a world that’s dominated by rapidly evolving technology, plenty of businesses are still very skeptical about every new advancement. For instance, old-school tactics are surprisingly common in sales. These “traditions” include paper contracts, siloed recordkeeping, and in-person only interactions. Meanwhile, companies that… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Jennifer Karpus-Romain
Click to view contentA major part of any CRM implementation is migrating data. This process involves getting input from multiple departments, creating processes, and (of course) your data. Since migration is so challenging, it can be easy to get overwhelmed. But don’t fret. You can tackle migration one step at a time. You’ll be able to navigate your way through the… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Sarah Friedlander Garcia
Click to view contentGrowing your business is a worthy goal and more often than not, a must - if you aspire to get beyond that barely-getting-by level. But doing that can be terrifying because so many things can go wrong. That’s why you need great allies in researching and planning your next steps in order to succeed. So what can you do to turn your business into the… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Load more items