Sugar Blogs

Announcement 1 The NEW Connect Anywhere Space Launches in Response to COVID-19
Deepak Deolalikar
Click to view contentLast year, SugarCRM launched Sugar Connect to bring key customer experience activities into the apps you use most—email and calendaring. Connect synchronizes Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite data directly with Sugar, incorporating emails, calendar events, tasks, and contacts into Sugar’s unified customer view.   Since our initial launch,… (Show more)
in Admin
Michael Shaheen
Click to view contentBack in September of this year (2019), we held the Developer's Webinar for the 9.2 release of Sugar. During that presentation, I touched on how the Portal can be customized. Among the things illustrated in the webinar was adding a module to the Portal. This is apparently something that you all wanted to know more about. So, let's use this space to… (Show more)
in Developer
David Campbell
In 2004, Clint Oram and the other Sugar founders embarked on a profound mission that changed the CRM landscape forever. Sixteen years later, Sugar has grown into a truly global company with 7 offices worldwide and customers spanning 6 continents, 26 languages, and 120 countries. In light of our worldwide business, Sugar is making a long-overdue… (Show more)
in News
Aniruddh Vaghasia
It’s official: we are living in a world where data is the most expensive resource*. The idea that data is the new oil may just be the secret mantra of the tech giants who are growing bigger.   Their approach and perception of data is not unique but the collection, analysis, and use is unique. A few years back, Apple established a research group… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Brieanne Rowe
Click to view contentAt this time, our global community is finding itself working remotely from home and juggling unprecedented challenges. If you're finding yourself with free time on your hands, are looking for a productive way to fill your day, or are even looking for a quiet respite from your children (we understand, don't worry) SugarU is prepared to help.   … (Show more)
in SugarU
Derek Major
Click to view contentWe’re excited to announce SugarWest 2020!  We were originally about to announce our CRM Learning Roadshow across Western Canada in Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver.  However, with the precautionary measures in place across Canada we’ve decided to postpone the in-person events and launch our online webinar that we’ll be using as a spring board into… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Yury Voloshin
Click to view contentTesting email notifications is something we find ourselves doing rather often while developing Sugar customizations. Ideally, while doing this, we don’t want to send out emails to recipients not involved in the test. While I usually manage to follow this guideline, recently I failed spectacularly. I was using a local Sugar instance (hosted on… (Show more)
in Developer
Kenneth Brill
Click to view contentWe have 4 different sets of servers on one of my SugarCRM Enterprise installs.  We also have 4 people who do development, QA or Admin work so it is vitally important that everyone is aware of what server they are on.  We all move among the servers all day and sometimes we forget which server we are on.  We don't want a developer testing something… (Show more)
in Developer
Michael Shaheen
Hello Sugar Developers! It's that time again - a new Release of Sugar is upon us. To ensure that you are ready for the Sugar Q2 2020 release, we're hosting another set of webinars just for you!   What we will be coveringSome of the big changes that are likely to impact you including the following: New Module Loader API Data denormalization… (Show more)
in Developer
Chris Raffle
“We have finally done it! We attended meetings, toiled over designs, and delivered a new process that is going to streamline our operations while simultaneously improving our customer experience. We just need the team to adopt it, so we would like you all to... read this memo! Even better, the memo outlines the painstaking nuances to remember… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Matt Marum
Someone recently asked Sugar Engineering the following question.Suppose I have a webpage or web app that I am accessing from a mobile device, e.g. Safari on iPhone or Chrome on Android. Is it possible for me to create a link on that page into the SugarCRM Mobile application installed on my mobile device? Say for example I want it to open my mobile… (Show more)
in Developer
Hussain Nasir
Email plays a major role in business communication. As inboxes are flooded with emails, it’s important to stay organized, maintain records and streamline communication with customers.    Wouldn’t it be great to embed your CRM software within G Suite and Office 365 and conduct all your customer-related activities through a single platform?    Now… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Matt Marum
Click to view contentWe can probably all agree that automated tests are great, but sometimes we put off writing them because the initial first step of getting everything working correctly can be really difficult.     Good news, Sugar developers!  Writing PHPUnit tests for your customizations just got easier in Sugar Fall '18!  Our engineering team has created a test… (Show more)
in Developer
Load more items