Sugar Blogs

Noah Thomas
Click to view contentTechnology is revolutionizing the way manufacturers run businesses day-to-day in the digital era. CRM systems can leverage the Internet of Things (IoT; a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines that have the ability to transfer data over a network with no human interaction)  to enhance end-to-end processes by… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Michael Shaheen
In response to the recent evolution of the SugarCRM product line, we’ve compiled a list of answers to some common questions that we have received from the developer community about our new products. This FAQ will be a living document, so please post any additional questions in the comments section and we will do our best to address them here.… (Show more)
in Developer
Michael Shaheen
Click to view contentThe Module Loader is one of the most useful tools available to a SugarCloud developer when customizing Sugar. It is the safest (and only) method for manipulating files within the SugarCloud. Join us for a talk on how to use the Module Loader effectively for your customizations.   What we will be covering: We will demonstrate and discuss the… (Show more)
in Developer
David Ranney
Click to view contentThis post is targeted at beginner to intermediate Sugar Developers who want to add a subpanel to a module which returns custom results.This post assumes some basic knowledge of Sugar 7 development, Sugar 7 administration, PHP, and SQL.  This article will hopefully be useful to those who have done some Sugar 7 development but are not necessarily… (Show more)
in Developer
Brieanne Rowe
Click to view contentSugar's Fall '19 is now available for all SugarCloud customers running Sugar Sell, Sugar Serve, Sugar Enterprise, and Sugar Professional.    The Fall '19 release further advances Sugar’s robust suite of customer experience solutions, empowering your marketing, sales and service teams to collaborate across the entire customer lifecycle for more… (Show more)
in Sugar University
Michael Shaheen
Click to view contentSugar Fall '19 release is officially live! There's a huge buzz around our offices for this release - it's very exciting! Fall '19 brings an updated Portal experience as well as a few other features and fixes.   We recently held a webinar with an overview of what is in the Fall '19 release. If you missed it, watch the recording here or view the… (Show more)
in Developer
Dilshad Delawalla
To Grow Your Business, Invest in CRM Software First for a Great Customer Experience  Your business can grow without Marketing but will die without Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Exceptional customer experience is the key to cultivating customers for life and successful business growth. Let’s Talk Marketing Digital Marketing is… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
JulianHaresco
Click to view contentHi, my name is Julian Haresco and I am a Software Engineering Intern at SugarCRM. I am going to be a rising senior at Purdue University majoring in Computer Science with a focus in Machine Learning and Software Engineering. This summer, I was given the opportunity to integrate Amazon’s Beta EventBridge API with Sugar for SugarCRM to become one of… (Show more)
in Developer
Patrick Sullivan
Click to view contentHello Sugar Devs!   My name is Patrick Sullivan and I am SugarCRM’s Escalation Manager. I live in Pennsylvania, USA and began my career at SugarCRM in 2015 as part of the Support team. As the Escalation Manager, my job is to drive resolution of critical customer issues by working across all departments at SugarCRM, especially Technical Support,… (Show more)
in Developer
Hussain Nasir
Click to view contentIn case you haven’t already heard, Sugar just received some major upgrades and the company has fully reinvented itself to bring forth key innovations in the CRM industry. At the core of this reinvention lie Sugar’s three new products, Sugar Serve, Sugar Sell, and Sugar Market and we’ve brought details about them straight from SugarConnection San… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Craig Charlton
Today we’ve made some announcements that will fundamentally change the way businesses utilize CRM. As you know, our recent acquisitions of Collabspot, Salesfusion and a business intelligence team have moved us firmly into the realm of customer experience (CX). Many of you are already seeing benefits and offering additional value. We are deeply… (Show more)
in News
D'Andre Davis-Taylor
Click to view contentIn the past, marketing technology was looked at as a quick fix solution. However, a quick fix can never solve all of your problems and provide you with sustainable work solutions. Rather, a marketing solution will be much more successful if it is incorporated into the way you work. This means that while marketing automation is a great tool that… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Alex Nassi
Click to view contentSugar Connect Integrates Critical CX Activities with Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite   SugarCRM Inc.®, a company that helps organizations deliver exceptional customer experiences, today announced Sugar Connect, its latest product innovation designed to improve end-user adoption of CX solutions through simplification, integration and the… (Show more)
in News
Load more items