Sugar Blogs

1 update since last visit
Announcement 1 Portal authentication changes - December 15th, 2018
Matt Marum
Click to view contentHey Developers!   While we loved seeing everybody who came out to SugarCon this year, we know that a lot of you weren't able to make it. The good news is that we recorded all the developer sessions at SugarCon last October. They are all published today in the SugarCon space but we wanted to make sure you didn't miss them.   Check out the table… (Show more)
in Developer
Matt Marum
Click to view contentI was recently asked how to change the values that get entered into the new record when a user copies an existing record.        This post will discuss how to make a simple change to your module's record view in order to change how fields get prefilled into a duplicated record in Sugar 7.   For many modules, it is important to make sure… (Show more)
in Developer
Stephen Hurrell
Click to view contentA changing buyer landscape  It is coming to the end of 2018 and without doubt, in the B2B commerce world the buzz word of the year is Artificial Intelligence or AI.   This is the year that all the large ERP and CRM vendors announced AI initiatives following on from 2017 Dreamforce and the Salesforce announcement of Einstein.   So why is everyone… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Maulik Shah
Click to view contentAccording to Gartner, there will be more than 25 billion connected things by 2020. It means the Internet of Things is going to be a huge connected network between people-to-people, people-to-things, and things-to-things. It is not only connecting with us more, it is also changing the way we live. Whether we prefer to notice it or not, yet IoT is… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Katie Liesmann
Click to view contentWith December starting this weekend and 2019 just around the corner, I thought it would be a great time to create a guide for our family of SugarCRM customers to use and plan for the upcoming year. Here are four things to think about as we approach 2019. End-of-Life DatesSugar maintains an end-of-life schedule which you can access at any… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Alex Nassi
Click to view contentOn December 15th, 2018, SugarCRM will be implementing changes to our public-facing portal to improve security and better protect our users. As a result of these improvements, the option to log in to SugarCRM portals will be removed and all users will be required to use their registered email address to authenticate.  This change should be… (Show more)
in News
Matt Marum
Click to view contentHello Sugar Developers!   We want to make sure your customizations and integrations are ready for the Sugar Winter ‘19 release, so we’re hosting two webinars just for you!   Webinar Topics  We’ll discuss the big changes that are likely to impact you including the following:   New REST API version: v11_4 New Comments Log field type and APIs… (Show more)
in Developer
Matt Marum
Click to view contentWe are fast approaching the Winter '19 release into the Sugar cloud that is planned for January 2019. Some of the changes coming in this release will be upgrades to the jQuery library and associated plug-ins that are commonly used by user interface customizations to Sugar.   jQuery libraries upgraded from v1.12.4 to v3.3.1  In the Sugar Winter… (Show more)
in Developer
Matt Marum
Click to view contentWe can probably all agree that automated tests are great, but sometimes we put off writing them because the initial first step of getting everything working correctly can be really difficult.     Good news, Sugar developers!  Writing PHPUnit tests for your customizations just got easier in Sugar Fall '18!  Our engineering team has created a test… (Show more)
in Developer
Maulik Shah
Click to view contentCustomer Engagement is a huge word. And when you ask the business owners about what it means to them; they will come up with different responses. Not just that, they will also regale you with stories about their experiences with customers and their struggles to offer impeccable services. Well, just because such stories are enticing, does not mean… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Sarah Friedlander Garcia
Click to view contentA long time ago in a galaxy far, far away….     The Star Wars franchise holds a special place in our hearts and, while some of the more recent movies and characters (I’m looking at you, Jar Jar) have a more divided fandom, it’s fairly safe to assume the old trilogy has made our childhood even better as we were rooting for Luke Skywalker to blow… (Show more)
in Partner Corner
Enrico Simonetti
Click to view contentTLDR  Developing Sugar on Docker, get up to speed now!   The long version  What are Docker containers? If containers for you are more than the two pictures below… then you are in the right place!     As you might be aware, there has been and there continues to be a lot of hype around containers. The hype really started with Docker, but… (Show more)
in Developer
Niegel Leoncio
Click to view contentHey there Sugar Developers! I’m Niegel Leoncio (@niegel), CRM Manager for Bishop-Wisecarver. This year is my 2nd SugarCon and I was privileged to be chosen as a Sugar Scholar.  I attended the session "Sugar, DevOps, and IBM" led by Vineel Nirogi and Julian Coldrey and I wanted to share a few take away that I took from this session.   It’s easy to… (Show more)
in Developer
Load more items