Nicola Rossato

How To Fix Searchbar Filters [Sugar 7.9]

Discussion created by Nicola Rossato on Feb 14, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 by Brett Zufelt

Hi all,

I'm going to show you how to fix this! We have customers with so many records and team's visibility rules, and when they search throght the listview searchbar while the v10/module call isn't finished yet, or they type a key while a search is performing, the previous call is correctly aborted, but the last search filter isn't correctly applied. This problem is in part resolved with the reload button on the right, but it still remain a problem.

Sugar Support tell us to try customizing the start speed of a search but it hasn't solve this issue.

The problem is where the abort request is done, this has to be done before the fetch request. I have injected the abort request inside the getRelevantContextList function, that returns collections to filter for listView and also for the recordView subpanels. I've done this only for listView but if you have issues also for subpanels or activityStream this can be done considering to put the abort request before contextList.push(ctx).

I have attached the file with this upgrade safe customization, copy it in custom/clients/base/layouts/filter directory and perform a repair.

I hope it can help someone! Have a nice day,

Nicola R.

Attachments

Outcomes