How to contribute to the Partner Corner

Document created by Alex Nassi Employee on Nov 16, 2016Last modified by Mark Weitzel on Feb 1, 2017
Version 34Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Attention SugarCRM Partners

SugarCRM's "Partner Corner" is the place where you can share your experience and thought leadership to help us build a community to share ideas for creating extraordinary customer relationships! As a partner, this is a great way to showcase your technology and innovative solutions that extend Sugar to our customers and prospects. 

Get started now by following these simple instructions guidelines for posting content. 

Author a blog in Partner CornerPromote an event in Partner Corner

Want to showcase your innovation? Then get your keyboard handy, your thinking cap on, and author a blog in the Partner Corner. Your post should focus on the commercial versions of Sugar, i.e. Sugar 7 and above. 

Getting started is very easy, simply go to the Partner Corner, open the "Actions" drop down menu and select "Blog Post" (or click the big blue button below). You should find yourself in a document editor where you can start creating you blog. 

Pro Tip: Add a banner image to make your content more visually appealing.

Once you are done authoring your blog, click "Publish". This will place your post in the moderation queue and it will be reviewed by the partner team. If it looks good, we'll approve it and it will be live. We'll work with our marketing team to promote this via our social media channels. If we have any questions or comments, we'll send you a direct message and work with you to refine your post and get it ready to publish. Here are a few of the more commonly asked questions about posting a blog.

Can I promote my solution? Yes. Remember though, the focus should be on on the problem you are solving for the customer, the uniqueness of your solution, and how you are being a maverick and disrupting an industry. As part of this, you'll be talking about your application and its integration with Sugar. However, the is blog less about product promotion and more about your thought leadership. We will not post blogs that are blatant selling or "press releases".  

Are there any examples you would recommend? For sure! To get a sense of the format, Exploring the Customer Journey Plugin, 5 Ways to Streamline Customer Service Using Sugar , and Corporate Networks Matter - Leveraging them can be Simple, are all good examples of format and content.

Should I show code examples?
In general, no. Technical content should be posted on the SugarCRM Developer blog. Matt Marum is responsible for this and is always looking for guest bloggers.

Someone commented on my post, now what? Engage! We are actively encouraging our customers to reach out to you to learn more. By promptly replying to comments, you'll be able to jump on any opportunities that come your way. 

Pro Tip: Have notifications delivered to your inbox. Learn how by reading Changing Your Email Notifications and Preferences

That's it. Now you are ready to show the world how you are a CRM maverick. Click the "Submit a blog" button below and get started now! 

What's a great way to get announce your activities to the SugarCRM community? Create an event in Partner Corner!

To create an event, head over to Partner Corner, open the "Actions" drop down menu and select "Event". You'll be taken to a entry form where you can add the information about your event. Make your event stand out by using a background banner. 

Pro Tip: Add "Featured Guests" to highlight who will be presenting.

When you are done, click the "Create event" button. This will add your event to the moderation queue for review by the partner team. Once approved, your event will show up in the event calendar on the home page of the Partner Corner. You'll also have a dedicated page where users can comment as well. 

Here are some questions we get about events.
What kind of event can I add? You are welcome to post any SugarCRM related event, e.g. webinar, meetup. Whatever the event, it should be focused around SugarCRM's commercial platform, i.e. Sugar 7.x.

Pro Tip: After the event, keep the conversation going by updating the event with the replay or blog about it in the Partner Corner.

Is it OK to have my own registration page? Sure! We know that often you want to track the people that attend in your own marketing automation system. We would ask that you also encourage those that attend to engage in the community. You can also invite them on the Sugar Community event as well. 

That's it. You are now ready to start creating events in the Partner Corner

Have questions?  Drop Mark Weitzel or Donna Ewart a direct message, or send an email to ISV@sugarcrm.com 

Attachments

Outcomes