New to Sugar Development?
Sign up to receive the latest Sugar Developer news, webinars, and surveys straight to your e-mail inbox!
Make sure you have followed the steps in On-Boarding new Sugar Developers !
- In order to get access to the Sugar code, you need to be either a SugarCRM customer or a partner. To learn more about our partner program and to apply, please check out our web site.
- Partners also get access to Sugar cloud instances that they can use to quickly get started. See the Partner Portal for more information about accessing the Sugar cloud.
- If you are doing code development on Sugar, you can download an On-Site version of the Sugar application using Download Manager via sugarcrm.com. If you need access to a Sugar cloud development build in order to target a Sugar cloud release, then you can access those in the Sugar cloud developer builds space.
- Want to get started developing quickly? Use our Vagrant set up instructions! If you want to set up a full LAMP or MAMP stack on your own, you can follow our On-Site Installation guide or the OSX development environment setup guide.
- Getting the most out of Sugar means understanding what can be done via the Sugar Administration panel. We highly recommend Sugar Developers learn about Sugar Administration. Both Sugar Developer and Sugar Administrator training programs are available from Sugar University. There are self-paced videos as well as options for live developer webinars and in-person training.
- The Sugar Developer Guide and the Sugar Developer Blog are other primary training sources.
- There are a lot of great Sugar resources out there in the community as well, so check out this blog post to find many of them.
- You should also get familiar with the Sugar Developer Tools that SugarCRM and the Sugar Developer community provide for you. We have tools that help you build, test, debug, and deploy your Sugar solutions even faster.
How will you know when you are ready to rock the Sugar Developer universe? When you get certified! You can learn more about our Sugar Certification Program and the Certified Sugar Developer Specialist exam at Sugar University.
Need to integrate with Sugar via the REST API?
- Web Services APIs are the fastest way to get started with custom Sugar development. The Sugar API documentation is built into every Sugar instance, including Sugar's v10 REST API.
- Check out the Sugar Developer Guide for more details on how to access Sugar REST APIs and to get started using them. You can also check out the School of REST blog series and the Intro to the Sugar REST API tutorial.
Need to create an add-on for the Sugar cloud?
All listings on Sugar Exchange need to comply with the Sugar Exchange Package Guidelines.
You will need to package your app or integration as a Sugar module loadable package. To install your package into the Sugar cloud, an administrator user needs to upload and install your package using Module Loader.
List your add-ons or integrations with Sugar Exchange!
- Listing your package on Sugar Exchange will give you visibility to the entire Sugar ecosystem. So if you haven't already, create an account on Sugar Exchange and follow the instructions sent to you in your introductory e-mail to create your new Sugar Exchange listing. If your integration includes components that need to be installed into Sugar instances, you will need to package your app or integration as a Sugar module loadable package.
- In order to be listed on Sugar Exchange, your package must be built for one of our commercial Sugar editions. If you are interested in listing your Sugar Community Edition packages, you can use the SugarCE-Add-Ons repository.
Need development assistance?
- Sugar developers, support representatives, and engineers are very active in our Sugar Community. This is a great resource for finding fast answers to all of your burning Sugar development questions. Many questions can be answered by exploring our Sugar Developer guide, Sugar Administration guide, or the resources within Sugar University or this blog's archives. You can also leverage one of our certified SugarCRM Reselling partners to assist you in your development activities.
- If these resources aren't working for you, you can always drop a line to email@example.com and we will try to get you the help that you need.