Slides are available here: UnCon 2016 - Sidecar Deep Dive
Join this session to learn the ins and outs of building great Sidecar components. We will show you how to create generic components in Sidecar that will make good use of metadata to ensure they can be applied to different use cases and different locations of the Sugar application. This session will focus on best practices and issues to avoid (such as memory leaks).
Topics will include:
- A quick overview of Sidecar Architecture and component lifecycles
- Creating reusable and configurable View or Layout
- Keeping your view metadata footprint small
- Writing your own View and reusing it in multiple layouts
- Avoiding memory leaks (and how to discover them)
Attendees of this session will come away with:
- A better understanding of Sidecar structure and components lifecycle.
- An understanding of how we plan to evolve Sidecar in future Sugar versions.
- The ability to write generic metadata-configured Sidecar components while maintaining a small memory and metadata footprint.