Slides available at: UnCon 2016 - Getting Started with Sugar Presentation
Learn the fundamentals of customizing the Sugar platform through development. We'll explore platform extensibility
through several code examples and variations. Core Sugar application features and functions will be reviewed with
respect to how they relate to common customization requests.
Topics will include:
- Sugar Platform architecture and the Extension Framework
- Core Sugar UI components and The Sidecar Framework
- Development best practices
Attendees of this session will come away with:
- An understanding of the standard extensions points of the platform and related development best practices.
- A sense of the scope of what is possible through platform development compared to customization through configuration alone.
- Familiarity with the key Sugar Developer resources such as the Developers Guide, Community/Blogs, Sugar University.
- Information on how to install Sugar on your own platform to begin your Sugar Developer journey.
- Presenter: Robert Bers
- Duration: 1 hour
- Target Audience: Sugar Development Beginners
- Prerequisites: Laptop