You can enter skills you have or your expertise directly to your personal profile. Others in the community can then endorse those skills and expertise. A number will appear next to the skill as people endorse it to show you how many have chosen to endorse that skill. Clicking the number will display a list of the users.
To add skills and expertise to your profile:
- Click the drop down next to your name or avatar.
- Choose the view profile link under Personal.
- Below the header section of the profile on the far right side is a section called Skills and Expertise.
- Click the New skill button.
- The process of adding skills is the same as adding tags to your content, but in this case you’re adding tags to yourself.
- Enter the Skill or Skill Phrase that you want to add. Skills can contain more then one word.
- To finish the Skill, type the comma button or hit the enter key.
- Click the Add button to add the skill to your profile.