The Fall '19 release further advances Sugar’s robust suite of customer experience solutions, empowering your marketing, sales and service teams to collaborate across the entire customer lifecycle for more meaningful, memorable experiences. Learn more about the first intelligent, no-touch customer experience (CX) platform and how to exceed expectations and create customers for life:
- Welcome to the New SugarCRM
- Introducing Sugar Serve
- SugarCRM Driving the Future of Customer Experience with Powerful Products and New Vision
This release represents the next step in the SugarCRM quarterly feature delivery model, providing accelerated delivery of new innovations for Sugar Cloud customers, as well as greater predictability for Sugar updates for on-site customers.
In the video below, Zac Sprackett (Senior Vice President of Product Management) showcases key, recently introduced features across the Sugar customer experience landscape:
Sugar Fall '19 includes the following feature updates for customers leveraging the SugarCloud platform:
Sugar Ultimate / Enterprise
Customers hosted in the Sugar cloud environment will receive further communication regarding their automatic upgrades shortly per the Sugar Cloud Policy Guide - Upgrade Policy. Please visit the Supported Platforms page for a complete list of supported browsers and other platform information.
Sugar Fall '19 Developer Resources
Our Developer Advocacy team has made available the following resources to assist developers with the changes associated in this release:
- Community posts:
- Just about everything you need to know about the Fall '19 Release - October 8th, 2019
- Sugar Developer Webinar - Fall '19 (9.2.0) - September 24, 2019
- Sugar Developer Webinar - Fall ‘19 (9.2.0) - September 24, 2019
- The Developer sections of the Serve, Sell, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional Release Notes, including in-depth notes of changes that may affect developers when upgrading from Summer '19.
- Any additional questions should be directed to the Developer Space in the community or emailed to email@example.com.
Additional Documentation & Release Notes
To learn more about the new features available, as well as the additional fixes to address issues identified in prior releases, please review the KB article “What to Expect When Upgrading to 9.2” and the appropriate release notes: