Sugar Summer '18 is now live and available for all customers hosted in the Sugar cloud environment. Summer '18 is the next step in our core Sugar quarterly feature delivery model, providing accelerated delivery of new innovations for cloud customers, as well as heightened levels of predictability for Sugar updates.
Summer '18 will significantly benefit customers running in the Sugar cloud environment. In the following video, SugarCRM Chief Marketing Officer and Co-Founder, Clint Oram highlights the themes (Collaboration, User Experience, and Data Privacy) and enhancements of this release. More details on all of the exciting Summer '18 updates are explained further after the video.
For more detail on SugarCRM's data privacy initiatives, please visit Data Privacy & Sugar space in the community
Developers: The following resources have been made available to assist developers with the changes associated in this release:
- Just about everything you need to know about the Summer ‘18 Release
- Sugar support for emojis (a.k.a. the Unicode Supplementary Multilingual Plane)
- The Development Changes sections of the Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional Release Notes
- Any additional questions should be directed to the Developer Space in the community or emailed to email@example.com
Please review our release notes using the following links and the Knowledge Base article, "What to Expect When Upgrading to 8.1," to learn more about the new features available, as well as the variety of fixes to address bugs identified in prior releases:
- Ultimate Summer '18 Release Notes
- Enterprise Summer '18 Release Notes
- Professional Summer '18 Release Notes
Customers hosted in the Sugar cloud environment will receive further communication regarding their automatic upgrades shortly per the Sugar Cloud Policy Guide - Upgrade Policy. Additional information about best practices for upgrades in the Sugar cloud environment can be found in Webinar: Sugar Cloud Upgrade Best Practices [Recording]. Please visit the Supported Platforms page for a complete list of supported browsers and other platform information.
If you want to ensure you are up-to-date on all our latest releases, please click the ‘Follow’ button under the Releases space in the community.