We are pleased to announce that version 7.9 is now available for all commercial editions!
This release will significantly benefit customers running all commercial editions with following updates:
This release also includes the following updates to Advanced Workflow for customers running our Enterprise and Ultimate Editions:
- Built-in validation for date calculations.
- Criteria can now be re-arranged or inserted in Advanced Workflow evaluation windows.
- New text field comparators have been added ("contains", "starts with", and "ends with")
- Start events can now be triggered by a field changing or a field changing to or from a specified value.
- Created-by and modified-by users are now available for Change Field and Add Related Record actions.
- Advanced Workflow modules have more descriptive labels and flexible options for editing criteria in process definitions.
Developers: Please review the Development Changes sections of the Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional Release Notes to learn more about changes that could affect integrations and custom development, including the Prepared Statements, PHP 7 Compatibility, and Library Updates.
Please review our release notes for the new versions using the following links to learn more about the new features available, as well as the variety of fixes to address bugs identified in prior releases:
7.9 will support upgrades from 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 on all supported platforms. Customers hosted in our On-Demand environment will receive further communication regarding their automatic upgrades shortly. Customers hosting their Sugar instance on their own servers can review the installation and upgrade instructions for these releases, found at the following links:
- Ultimate 7.9 Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Enterprise 7.9 Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Professional 7.9 Installation and Upgrade Guide
Sugar 7.9 is compatible and supported for new installations and upgrades for customers running a MySQL, DB2, Oracle, or MSSQL stack. Please visit the Supported Platforms page for a complete list of supported configurations. Changes to supported platforms include:
- Added support for MySQL 5.7 New
- Updated versions of Firefox and Chrome Updated
- Removed support for ElasticSearch 1.4.4 Updated
- Removed support for Apache 2.2 Updated
- Removed support for IIS 8.0 Updated
- Removed support for Windows Server 2012 Updated
- Removed support for Oracle 11g R2 Updated
- Removed support for Safari 9 Updated
If you want to ensure you are up-to-date on all our latest releases, please click the ‘Follow’ button under the Releases space in the community.