We are pleased to announce that version 7.8 is now available for all commercial editions!
This release will significantly benefit customers running all commercial editions with following updates:
- Calls and meetings now have expanded types of recurrence available, especially concerning monthly recurrences.
- Users will now be alerted of call and meeting invitees who will not receive email invites due to empty or invalid email addresses in Sugar.
- The start dates in the Calls, Meetings, and Tasks subpanels are now highlighted according to when their start date occurs.
- Email addresses are now validated when composing emails from Sidecar modules (e.g. via Emails subpanel in Accounts module) in order to detect any invalid emails.
- Users now have the ability to refresh the records displayed in list views and subpanels by clicking the Refresh button to the right of the search bar.
- Revenue Line Items, Quoted Line Items, and Product Catalog records can now have quantities of zero and allow for manual entry of fields typically calculated based on a non-zero quantity.
- Users can now view a history of changes to audited fields for task records.
- The shortcut key now supports the use of "Command" for Macs.
- Users can now customize the key combinations which trigger Sugar's shortcuts via the Keyboard Shortcuts page.
- Dependent field formulas controlling a field's visibility are now respected when previewing records via the list view's intelligence pane.
- Bar charts can now display the total for grouped data in report chart dashlets.
- Email addresses containing UTF-8 non-English characters may now be saved.
This release also includes the following updates for customers running our Enterprise and Ultimate Editions:
- When enabled by administrators, users can leverage a record's Teams field to grant viewing, editing, etc. permissions to users with specific role configurations.
- Sugar's business process management tool, Process Author, is now called "Advanced Workflow".
- Administrators now have the ability to disable the Processes module via Administration > Role Management.
- For records involved in running processes, locked fields are now clearly marked with a lock icon in record view, and alerts have been added to enforce locked fields in list view and import.
- The Settings pop-up for business rule action elements now uses a dropdown list with type-ahead functionality.
Developers: Please review the Development Changes sections of the Ultimate, Enterprise, Corporate, and Professional Release Notes to learn more about changes that could affect integrations and custom development.
Please review our release notes for the new versions using the following links to learn more about the new features available, as well as the variety of fixes to address bugs identified in prior releases:
- Ultimate 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
- Enterprise 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
- Corporate 126.96.36.199 Release Notes
- Professional 188.8.131.52 Release Notes
7.8 will support upgrades from 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 on all supported platforms. Customers hosted in our On-Demand environment will receive further communication regarding their automatic upgrades shortly. Customers hosting their Sugar instance on their own servers can review the installation and upgrade instructions for these releases, found at the following links:
- Ultimate 7.8 Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Enterprise 7.8 Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Corporate 7.8 Installation and Upgrade Guide
- Professional 7.8 Installation and Upgrade Guide
Sugar 7.8 is compatible and supported for new installations and upgrades for customers running a MySQL, DB2, Oracle, or MSSQL stack. Please visit the Supported Platforms page for a complete list of supported configurations. Changes to supported platforms include the additions of:
- Added support for SQLServer 2014 New
- Added support for ElasticSearch 1.7.5 New
- Removed Support for PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 (Version 7.8 only supports PHP 5.6) Updated
- Removed Support for SQLServer 2008 R2 Updated
- Removed support for MySQL 5.5 Updated
- Updated versions of Firefox, Safari, and Chrome Updated
If you want to ensure you are up-to-date on all our latest releases, please click the ‘Follow’ button under the Releases space in the community.