I'm SugarCRM's Knowledge Manager, Ellen True. My team is responsible for managing all of the content on support.sugarcrm.com such as our user guides and knowledge base. The Support department has been working hard over the past few months to make the site easier and faster to use. Our major focus has been to personalize the experience to present only the content that is relevant to you. I am beyond excited to announce the launch of the new SugarCRM Support site!
The new site offers a number of big improvements, all aimed at delivering the help you need as quickly as possible:
- Powerful Search : You will now see a search bar with dropdown menus where you can select your version, edition, and user type to receive focused search results. Results are filtered by these criteria to ensure you are being presented with the most relevant content possible. You can easily broaden your search my removing filters, and your selections will carry over to subsequent site visits.
- Simple Navigation : The grey navigation bar appears on all pages, below the search bar, allowing you to easily access all major areas of the site as well as providing quick access to training, the community, and the case portal. Once you've drilled into our content, the navigation menu on the left facilitates your movement within the page or to related content within a focused portion of the site.
- Documentation Hub : The Documentation tab displays all relevant user guides and other resources for your selected version and edition of Sugar. This serves as a centralized hub for learning about your specific Sugar instance as well as the appropriate mobile apps, plug-ins, and connectors.
- News & Updates : The home page now includes a news feed of community conversations, the support site’s most popular and useful content, and our most recently published or updated pages.
- Feedback : The bottom of every page allows you to rate a page’s usefulness and to provide text feedback about the page. We want to hear your opinions! Please note, the option to rate a page only shows for logged-in users.
- Mobile Viewing : Mobile-responsive design ensures you can access the support content you need no matter where you are - including on your phone, tablet, or other mobile device.
As always, we strive to provide the best possible experience for you, both when using the Sugar application and when learning about everything Sugar offers. We hope you enjoy using the new site and are able to get the help you need faster and easier than ever!
Please feel free to share your thoughts on our new site and join me in thanking Jerry Clark , Bran Sorem, Haley Won, Iliana Kakouris, and Jill Shaheen for their hard work and dedication! Come check out the changes at support.sugarcrm.com!