Hello! I'm Justin Kuehlthau (@justinkuehlthau), Director of the Sugar Practice at Technology Advisors (Technology Advisors, Inc.). This was my 8th SugarCon and this year I was lucky enough to be selected as a Sugar Scholar!
I learned a lot about the future of security and authentication in Sugar from Jelle Vink, Distinguished Engineer at SugarCRM. Jelle discussed Integration Best Practices and demoed a proof of concept integration between Android Assistance and Sugar!
Jelle started by covering some of the current pain points when integrating with Sugar:
- No streamlined federated identity capabilities
- LDAP & SAML have limited support on Mobile and Plugins
- Credentials stored or used everywhere
- Sugar Web Interface, Mobile, Outlook Plugin, Integrations, etc.
- No fine grained authorization controls
Jellle introduced Cloud Identity Services, which will be available to Sugar cloud customers via a limited Beta launching near the end of October. Cloud Identity Services have many improved features including:
- Federated identity solution
- Industry standard OpenID Connect
- Build on top of OAuth2
- Enterprise SSO support
- Full audit capabilities
- Finely control what access each different application has
I'm very excited to see where this takes us. Here is a video of Jelle's proof of concept integration with Android Assistant.
You can check out Jelle's slides here!