Hey there, developers! We've officially released Fall '18! This release is just for Sugar Cloud (formerly known as Sugar On-Demand). Don't worry on-prem users--you'll get these changes in our upcoming 9.0 release!
This release has a ton of great features including new quotes configuration options for administrators, new data visualizations, and enhancements to Advanced Workflow that allow you to automatically send email alerts to a wider audience and to a more selective set of recipients.
Our Co-Founder & CMO, Clint Oram, discusses the highlights of this release from an end-user's perspective in the video below:
I recently hosted a webinar where I gave an overview of the big things developers need to know about this release:
The slides from the webinar are available here.
If you're looking for the high-level overview, I've got you covered!
- We've upgraded several libraries including Handlebars, Underscore, jQuery, jQuery Migrate, and jQuery UI. You can get the details in my blog post You'll never guess which libraries are changing in the upcoming Sugar release.
- Administrators now have a web interface where they can configure the Quotes module. This means less coding for you! Ensure any fields that your code customizations rely on are visible or included in a SugarLogic formula for a visible, calculated field.
- If user subscription limits are enforced on a Sugar subscription key, SAML and LDAP JIT user provisioning will not allow a customer to accidentally exceed the number of allowed active users.
- Our REST API version increased to 11.3.
- We have improved our support for OAuth 2.0 by adding support for bearer tokens. Get all of the details with examples in my blog post The Sugar REST API adds support for OAuth 2.0 bearer tokens in Fall '18.
This blog post promised to have just about everything you need to know about the Fall '18 release. Below are some resources that have the rest of the details.
We hope you’re as excited about this release as we are!