Hey there, developers! We've officially released Summer '18 ! This is our fourth quarterly release for Sugar Cloud (formerly known as Sugar On-Demand). Can you believe we now have a full year of quarterly releases?
This release has a ton of great features including an updated login page, built-in support for double opt-in (think GDPR and data privacy!), emoji support , over 100 new built-in reports, and big improvements to advanced workflow.
Our Co-Founder & CMO, Clint Oram, discusses the highlights of this release from an end-user's perspective in the video below:
Matt Marum and I recently hosted a webinar where we gave an overview of the big things developers need to know about this release:
The slides from the webinar are available here.
If you're looking for the high-level overview, I've got you covered!
- We have updated the Login page to display new content, so you'll want to make sure any customizations you made to the Login page still work.
- Sugar now supports emoji! You can get the details in Matt's blog post.
- The GDPR and data privacy are hot topics, and that's why we have added to our existing data privacy features to support double opt-in.
- We created a new ReportSchedules module that utilizes Sidecar. If you have customized the old BWC report scheduling view, you'll need to reimplement those customizations for the new ReportSchedules module.
- You can now export and import all business rules and email templates used in a process definition. You no longer have to worry about manually reconfiguring pieces of your process definition when moving between environments.
- We will be posting this release in the Developer Builds community so you can do your development locally.
This blog post promised to have just about everything you need to know about the Summer '18 release. Below are some resources that have the rest of the details.
We hope you’re as excited about this release as we are!