Yes, you read that right! We have not one but TWO ways for Sugar developers to earn a FREE pass to SugarCon 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Speak at SugarCon!
SugarCon is evolving, and we want you to be part of it!
We know that you, our Sugar Developers, are in the trenches everyday--solving customer problems, designing ways to make your jobs easier, and innovating. You have expertise to share, and we want to hear it! We’ve created a list of suggested topics, but we encourage you to submit any talk that you would want to see at SugarCon. Suggested topics include:
- What you wish you knew about Sugar before you started
- Best practices and war stories around Sugar customization or integrations
- Tools you use to work with Sugar
- Building a highly functional Sugar development team
- Tips for working in Sugar Cloud
In addition to all of the amazing keynotes, networking opportunities, and lunchtime table topics at SugarCon, we are planning to have sessions specifically for developers. This is where we want your expertise! You can expect that the audience at these developer focused sessions will be technical and have a copy of Sugar installed on their laptops with the Professor M’s School for Gifted Coders module loadable package and sample data installed. Our goal is for these sessions to be hands-on or interactive. Bonus points if you leverage Professor M’s School for Gifted Coders as your example! Sessions will be 45 minutes long if we pair you with a SugarCRM co-speaker or 20 minutes long if you speak solo.
Our call for speakers is officially open at sugarcon.com. Click the Tell Your Story button and tell us what you want to speak about. In your submission’s description, be sure to indicate that this is a developer focused session.
We will be accepting submissions through July 13, 2018. Availability is limited, so please make your submissions as compelling as possible.
We’re excited to see your proposals!
Become a Sugar Scholar!
We’re excited to be introducing the Sugar Scholars program. Sugar Scholars are people who are advocates for Sugar all year round and want to help make SugarCon as amazing as possible.
You might be a Sugar Scholar if…
- You are an active member of our Developer Community.
- You rack up tons of points in Sugar Insiders.
- You frequently blog about Sugar.
- You create engaging videos about Sugar.
- You can’t stop Tweeting about Sugar.
- You lead Sugar meetups.
Sugar Scholars will be involved in assisting with SugarCon on both days of the conference. They may be asked to do things like the following:
- Facilitate lunchtime table topics for developers
- Greet developers at the developer-focused lunches, sessions, and happy hours
- Give a 5-minute lightning talk
If you think you have what it takes to be a Sugar Scholar, fill out this form by July 13, 2018.